Thursday, January 6, 2011

daily affirmations

i wish i could be as enthusiastic as this cutie pie. seriously-watch this video. it will make your day. then watch it over and over again when you are feeling blue.
****************************************
quote corner:

Sabrina Fairchild: I might as well be reaching for the moon...
Baron St. Fontanel: Oh, you young people are so old fashioned. Have you not heard? We are building rockets to reach the moon!

Thomas Fairchild: You're still reaching for the moon.
Sabrina: No, Father. The moon is reaching for me!
-Sabrina
"I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
-Yeats
"The world is our oyster [served with champagne], our lantern and our snowglobe, my darlings. Let us fear no longer!" -unknown
 ********************************************
 Blueberry Barbecue Salmon

use: 1tspn blueberry jam or jelly+2 tsp barbecue sauce+2 4oz salmon fillets
you'll also need: cooking spray; salt & pepper to taste, music!
how to make it: 1.) set oven to broil. 2.) in a small bowl, stir together jam & sauce. 3.) coat baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. arrange salmon on it and sprinkle with salt and pepper, then spoon 2/3 of the sauce over fillets. 4.) broil for 5 min. or until the fish flakes. spoon remaining sauce over fillets before serving. makes 2 servings.
eat with : 1 c steamed broccoli drizzled with 1/2 tsp lemon juice; rice; good friends!
per serving (including side dishes): 419 calories, 31 grams protein, 59 grams carbs, 6 grams fat (1 g saturated), 6 grams fiber, 159 milligrams sodium.
********************************************
tell me...

tell me about an adventure you've always dreamed of.

tell me what actor would play you in a movie.

tell me your number one goal.

tell me one thing you are scared of.

tell me. because i care. and because i want to know you better.
******************************
Happy things:
Thick, colorful socks.
Lemon gelato.
Art.
Rainbows.
Puppies.
Brunch with friends.
Striped sweaters.
Reading in bed.
Sushi.
When you just know.
Fillet o’ salmon.
Peonies and tulips.
Exposed brick walls.
Polka dots.
Checking off to-do’s.
Chocolate covered raisins.
Bear hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment